Thursday 8 December 2011

Ninety-One Days Of Summer: DAY EIGHT

Ok... I was going to this on December 31st, but I just saw "New Years Eve" at the movies and can't wait to share last years New Years with you!  This is just a teaser ~ I'll put up the real movie on Dec 31... the one where the ball drops at midnight... 12am 1st January 2011.


So last year I was at the BIGGEST and BEST New Years Party in the world.  There was me and 1.2 million others partying at 1 Times Square, NY, NY.  I arrived around 2pm, jumped the fence and got a great spot right next to the main stage on Broadway between 46th and 47th street.

For four hours I waited for the fun to begin.  At 6pm the ball was raised and every hour on the hour there was a countdown with fireworks and confetti.  Ke$ha, Backstreet Boys (and New Kids on the Block), Rick Springfield and Taio Cruz were the line up and at midnight after a few lines of auld lang syne, I sang and high kicked with 1.2 million others to Frank Sinatra's New York, New York!

It was a long wait, but it was worth it.  It was magical.  See for yourself...


Stay tuned for photos and the final countdown of 2010.  And if you see the new movie "New Years Eve" see if you can spot me!

Here's a few videos to get you in the mood...



And some photos...

Early Afternoon ~ Waiting...
Still waiting... 
Confetti!

No comments:

Post a Comment